Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A lifelong learning -Chapter Study Abroad-

Yeah, it is.
My thought goes to my first year I got here. At my first time, I came to Japan, my supervisor asked me,
TT: "Why do you want to continue your education to PhD degree?"
DR: "I don't have any idea. I just curious with how does it feel to be a scientist, finding new things, y'know. And I am to flat in my comfort zone, so I want to break it through. IMO, boring is killing." #smile
TT: "owh, curiousity. It's good. But you know what, PhD life means there's no life." #spooky
DR: "hontou? I dont know. It's OK. I'll be here just for 4 years." #giggles
TT: "it's true."
DR: "don't worry, I just want to feel the feeling and then I'll back my real life." #polos

Now, in my third year, I feel that I am gonna miss this environment, which I won't get this once I come back to my country. I know that here is not my comfort zone. I know that here I am so much dying in missing my fams and my ring 1 friends, but still, till now Thank God I survive in doing my daily duties. And, I realized that as I growing each day, concomitantly I become more mature and independent. I know I had faced and now still facing several life dynamics that are not easy to dealt with, but somehow I succeed to find the way to resolve it out. It is so different with the comfort zone that I left behind, in my homecountry. I have everything there, closest fams, friends, fun, joyness, but that's it, flat life, and soon I get bored with the monoton life.

Here, I know, for studying "science" itself, maybe my yield is not that high enough. There are plethora scienty thingy that I've to earned much more than I've already got this far. But, there are more important things that I've learned here, including how to manage a life during the hectic schedule, how to live a more "manner" life inspired by my supervisor, how to sufficiently "treat" the needed one, how to quickly decide based on own eagle eye in a glimpse of matters that matter. He taught me a lot more about life, through his attitude. He demonstrate all the characters that I know I wish to had, and unintentionally he influenced me, he inflicts changes that formed and sharpen my characters as well. It's an honour to meet people like him.

Life is hard by means that for Japanese, life is struggle, if you want to life then you have to achieve it by hard work, ganbatte to gamanshitte o kudasai.

Despite of some character shortages, what I want to underline is that I earned some good things that I can adopt here when I'm back to my lovely homecountry IndONEsia:
1. Good on making people feels good.
2. Hardwork, shigoto wa numero uno (Working is the highest priority).
3. Looking forward for solution rather than frontally complaint on an issue.
4. High responsible manner. Yet so perfectionist, even when they do something they don't like.
5. Always directly give encouraging statements rather than stigmatizing one.

And there are lotta more other things that impressed me about them. However, just like other races, there are also some flaws, but I will keep these on my own for some reasons :)

No comments:

Post a Comment